My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Born to the loving graces of a professional sword swallower and a chartered accountant, my life began ordinarily enough. Most of my imaginary youth was spent in the company of wild photocopiers. Initiating myself into the "Paper Shredders" I would see a great deal of the inside of hospitals and jails due to our constant warring over territory with the malevolent shopping trolleys. Rescued by the infamous ZuckerBaby from the downward spiral of gang life, I find myself here, disembodied in a computer.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I'm a wanderin' wanderin' wanderin'...

So here I am, once again adrift on the tumultuous seas of chance. Guided by lady luck and occasionally kicked in the goolies by random happenstance. Hunkering down at the abode of none other than the irrepressible Papa Bear I find myself looking back and wondering how I got here. Bored, I then look at a tree outside for fifteen minutes before walking over to the fridge, opening it, and staring blankly at the inside for another ten minutes. Thinker I may be, industrious thinker perhaps not.

Today has been a day of settling. Settling in the manner, of course, of someone who does not intend on settling for long. I look forward to finally having a little place of my own. A place where I can leave Mr Guilt grumbling outside the door and get to making a habitation mine and mine alone. I had this discussion with Miss ZB the other day about not really "decorating" (for lack of a better word) our own abodes. In the past, I unthinkingly advised ZB, I had relented to former girlfriend's tastes. Let their style be a substitute of my own. I did not think about it at the time. It was just a way of keeping the peace. How the place looked didn't rank very high with me (I didn't think) at the time. To ZB this sounded like I was having a go at women, as though I was brow beaten into submission. But this was not the case. I was just doing what I thought was the path of least resistance. I see now that this a bit of a plaster cast of what I have done a lot in my life. Something I'm trying to change.

"Insert witty yet slightly maudlin life changing quote here"

6 Comments:

Blogger ZuckerBaby said...

"To ZB this sounded like I was having a go at women, as though I was brow beaten into submission."

It did? Oh. I didn't mean to give that impression...Ah. Yet another wonderful example of never really knowing what's going on in another person's mind ;)

Say hello to Papa Bear from me!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Tobbë said...

Ahh.. my paranoia rears it's snarling visage once again. Sorry, my lovely, I take back my reactionary presumption. My telepathic powers being somewhat limited to gleaning thoughts only from my own brain. Such as it is.

Papa Bear rumbles a hearty hello back and inquires into your general well being and the predicted predilictions of your next presentation at Papa's premises?

6:00 PM  
Blogger ZuckerBaby said...

Papa is perhaps presumptuous in my permitted presence in perusing his perspicacious preponderence of probosci.

Erm.

I just got lost in the arse end of the alphabet again.

I will cross his threshold with joy in my heart and a bounce in my step (and associated chestal area) some time soon when there are monies for my journey there and back.

9:57 PM  
Blogger mimbles said...

Aaaargh! An abundance of alliteration appears, amuck amongst the arse end of the alphabet....

Thought I'd better balance things up there ;-)

My dear sweet husband lived for 3 years in a bedroom without ever noticing the colour of the walls. When I was trying to impress on him the importance of re-painting my final irrefutable arguement was "But it's pink!" to which he replied "No it's not." It became apparent that he had no idea what colour it actually was - a visit to the bedroom in question and he was heard to exclaim "Well bugger me, it IS pink".

We re-painted the next week :)

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

time to take charge and hang your own painting! good luck baby

8:49 PM  
Blogger Tobbë said...

Damn straight Sis.


Now I just have to find myself a wall to hang it on. Hmmmm.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home