My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Born to the loving graces of a professional sword swallower and a chartered accountant, my life began ordinarily enough. Most of my imaginary youth was spent in the company of wild photocopiers. Initiating myself into the "Paper Shredders" I would see a great deal of the inside of hospitals and jails due to our constant warring over territory with the malevolent shopping trolleys. Rescued by the infamous ZuckerBaby from the downward spiral of gang life, I find myself here, disembodied in a computer.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Thoughtful discordantly

I think a lot.

I'd like to point out that doing so does not denote intelligence. Forthwith I shall give you a small example which shall illustrate that, unlike the thinking of greater men, I am not a thinker of great and practical intent.

The human face has a myriad of different shapes and forms that it can morph into in order to emote the feeling of the user. Strangely though, it seems that the human brain has yet to catch up, and in a great deal of circumstances the onlooker can be perplexed as to what the faces user is trying to say... Without saying it. I blame language. Before the advent of "One, Two, Lots of Woolly Mammoths!" our pre-verbalite ancestors could just look at a fellow colleague and he would instantly know to double back, grab a big pointy stick, and throw it at the big kitty cat with the long teeth. Preferably pointy end first. And preferably at its bottom. Yet, now in this age of information technology, one could stand in an elevator and try with silent intent to tell the lady next to you that her skirt is firmly wedged into her underwear, using only rolling eyes and subtle twitching of the lips, and get absolutely nowhere. Yet send her a text message saying "UR DRESS IN PANTS :)" and it's all clear.

These things keep me up at night. If left in a room by myself I have been known to stare blankly at a chair, deep in thought, arm poised half way into a jacket sleeve. When asked what I'm thinking about I will be unlikely to answer. Not because of a lack of manners or a fear of stumbling through a sentence. Nay. I cannot answer because I do not know. I know only that I have been thinking. What about, is between my neurons and my subconscious and seemingly not me. So I thought I'd just share that with you.

I've been thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home