My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Born to the loving graces of a professional sword swallower and a chartered accountant, my life began ordinarily enough. Most of my imaginary youth was spent in the company of wild photocopiers. Initiating myself into the "Paper Shredders" I would see a great deal of the inside of hospitals and jails due to our constant warring over territory with the malevolent shopping trolleys. Rescued by the infamous ZuckerBaby from the downward spiral of gang life, I find myself here, disembodied in a computer.

Monday, February 27, 2006

We're on the road to nowhen

Well, I knew the day would come but I didn't think it would happen in the first week. I can think of nothing to say. Nothing up my sleeve... Hey PRESTO!! ... an elbow.

But I promised myself I would write an entry every day and so I shall.

Today was productive. I coloured a few drawings. Cleaned the kitchen. Posted a rather disturbing caricature of myself on this blog. Not a bad stint as far as long term unemployed days go. Certainly a lot more than I would usually do than when I was back working in pubs. It would be quite an accomplishment to return home at all in those days. Alas, and thank god (or Whomever the strange humoured entity is that thinks it's in charge of all this), I shall no longer be working in the wonderful realm of fermented beverage serviture. 'Tis known not to mix well with my Alcoholism (or too well, as the case may be). I shall miss the bar in some respects. The exhiliration to the ego of turfing some tosser out the door. The hob nobbing with the permanently inebriated. The smell of the urinal cakes, the roar of the bouncers.

So it is that I shall wrap up another short entry. My neck has decided it wishes to get off at the next stop and I'm having a hard time trying to convince it that it's rather essential to the job of keeping my head attached to my body (...I have a headache), so until next time kiddies, remember:

Out of all the millions of people in the world, past and present, you're the only one that's you. So you're doing pretty well straight off the bat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home