My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Born to the loving graces of a professional sword swallower and a chartered accountant, my life began ordinarily enough. Most of my imaginary youth was spent in the company of wild photocopiers. Initiating myself into the "Paper Shredders" I would see a great deal of the inside of hospitals and jails due to our constant warring over territory with the malevolent shopping trolleys. Rescued by the infamous ZuckerBaby from the downward spiral of gang life, I find myself here, disembodied in a computer.

Friday, March 03, 2006

An Utterance. Loud and indistinct.

So I said "A pox on your house!"
And he said "Who are you and why are you waving a spatula?"

So where was I. I just had the good fortune to find out that someone other than the Wonderous Miss ZuckerBaby and the Spectacular Miss Mim actually takes the time out to have a look at this cantakerous conconction of consonants and credulities. So a big hello to Mr Placid Grin, Master of All Board Games He Surveys.

Today, like most others in my life, the sun came up, hung around for approximately twelve hours, and then buggered off "to the other side of the planet" (if you wish to believe those scientific type boffins). The difference with today was my uncontrollable lack of enthusiasm with the idea, nay even the thought, of thinking. Now, I know a lot of you out there may be thinking that this is a contradiction in terms and bully for you, you're right. But my point is that usually, even in my most downest of moods, I was (am?) quite the Walter Mitty. For those of you not au fait with such an archaic movie reference, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty was a Danny Kaye movie in which the lead character was a rather obsessive day dreamer. I was one such Mr Mitty. Always drifting off into my own little world where Tobbë fights off nasty muggers with powerful martial arts that he's never learnt and can, at will, turn a loaf of white bread into a wad of cash the size of .. well, a loaf of bread.

But today saw a change. I am yet to determine if it's a good or bad one, but today Tobbë did not find himself with an ability to fly and have CNN do a live broadcast as he attempted the first solo flight around the world unaided.. by anything. Today Tobbë did not kidnap the world leaders, put them in a room with fairy bread and fruit crush cordial, and tell them they're not coming out until they can play nice. No, today, Tobbë was just Tobbë. Nothing overly spectacular. Nothing of earth shattering or news worthy to report. Just a guy. Having a day. And that was just fine with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home