My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Born to the loving graces of a professional sword swallower and a chartered accountant, my life began ordinarily enough. Most of my imaginary youth was spent in the company of wild photocopiers. Initiating myself into the "Paper Shredders" I would see a great deal of the inside of hospitals and jails due to our constant warring over territory with the malevolent shopping trolleys. Rescued by the infamous ZuckerBaby from the downward spiral of gang life, I find myself here, disembodied in a computer.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

To Sleep perchance to Wake..

The line about blogging more often now that I am settled doesn't come off all that well now that I blog months later. Well if I blog again in another couple of months I suppose that technically can be considered "regular". I am to Blogging what Genghis Khan was to the professional manicure industry.

So what is happening in the life of Tobbë I hear you blatantly fail to ask? The best answer to that question would probably be, Everything and Nothing. I am still in my abode (but not for much longer), I am still seeing the wonderful Miss ZB (but if I don't keep my act together she may go "postal" on my bottom), I still work in a call centre in a job best described as bearable (and here again I have nearly lost the job on no less than three occasions), and I am still drawing whenever someone asks me to (although I have many jobs backed up, promises unfulfilled and I think I am in an artistic rut).

So like us all, my life saunters precariously down the edge of a knife, maddeningly feigning from left to right but never actually getting down from the damn knife and walking on the footpath like a normal life. I believe this scenario is a constant in most peoples lives but unsurprisingly this does not bring me comfort. Possibly brings me to a heightened sense of panic actually. The thought of all of us careening through life with a compass made of string and hope made of glass makes for wakeful nights and dreams full of cliffs and pulled teeth.

Or possibly I'm just a bit of a drama queen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucas said...

We all do feel that way. Usually on Sunday afternoons at 2:30 pm.

And you're a little bit of a drama queen. Or king. But not a lot. I've seen worse.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home