My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Born to the loving graces of a professional sword swallower and a chartered accountant, my life began ordinarily enough. Most of my imaginary youth was spent in the company of wild photocopiers. Initiating myself into the "Paper Shredders" I would see a great deal of the inside of hospitals and jails due to our constant warring over territory with the malevolent shopping trolleys. Rescued by the infamous ZuckerBaby from the downward spiral of gang life, I find myself here, disembodied in a computer.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Well.. Looks like I have to give someone my kingdom.

It has finally happened. After many long, fruitless and sufferable minutes of looking for a job some crazy person has hired me. In hindsight I probably shouldn't have spent so many months sitting around hoping that someone would give me a job for no apparent reason. Hence the reason for not Blogging in such a long time. This is one of those jobs where you get training. Very swish. Not a spatula for flipping burgers in sight. No booze either. Well, none that I've found anyway.

So I am now onto part two of my wacky zany "Hey, how about you get a life, Wanker?" campaign. A place to live. This will take a little bit longer as I have to save up for bonds, rent in advance, jumping castles and all the usual palaver. But so far so good.

Now all I have to do is keep the job.

And there's the rub.

Working.

Ick..

3 Comments:

Blogger ZuckerBaby said...

Can I have your kingdom? Mine's getting a bit small and cat-fur ridden.

The jester's good though... ;-)

Yup. The whole employment thing is a bit disturbing, and tiring, and stuff. But there's money and getting a new place and exciting stuff like that as part of the whole deal.

And can I just say "Yay! Jumping Castles!" Could your new place get any more fun??

7:46 PM  
Blogger mimbles said...

I had heard rumors to this effect :) Congratulations Tobbë...and commiserations on the downside of actual work being involved :P

What's this about jumping castles? Tell us more!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Tobbë said...

Jumping castles were first invented in 1936 by a Mr J. Umpincastle of Glossburg. His first castles were packed with goose feather and although very comfortable were limited in their ability to make one jump. Later he stumbled on the idea of air in the castles when his nephew inadvertently "let wind" into a hot water bottle. Having died in 1983 Mr Umpincastle, to this day, is a constant reminder that no idea is perfect and that even the most unsightly member of your family may be useful.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home